Saturday, November 27, 2010

My only desire

What exactly comes to mind while listening to word "desire"? May be the most intense thoughts. The urge to get somethings you want the most, desire to be appreciated, desire to own a Mercedez, desires that would give way to pleasure and contentment. People seek them, struggle to taste them. Our desires become our drive to live, to look next to and sometimes, go crazy for.

What a life would be when there is no desire left, no wants, just needs and that to on account of being human? If there is nothing that you want, nothing to seek, how would that life be? How would someone live that life. Happiness being overrated by human convention, what if i don't see it as a source to live upon? In fact I don't see it coming in achievements or some materialistic or non-materialistic things. Its meaning becomes undefined.

Happiness to be with someone vanishes when I know that i entered alone in this world and would leave alone and I accept that meanwhile in this passage of life, there is no certainty of how long I am going to be with that someone. Being social animal, you would always be around someone, just that someone will keep on changing.

It doesn't mean abstinence. I am not saying that I deny myself from pleasures and desires. I just don't have them. Carnal desires seem meager. For me the pleasure would be if I could feel the touch of that person whenever and wherever I am. Cherishing some temporary moments would just lead to a sense of unsatisfied longing afterwards and it will all soil someday. I would rather seek satisfaction in what I have forever: me, my thoughts, my soul.

And there i find living such life harder, may be I am myself making it harsher for myself. Waking up every morning with thoughts contemplating my life, finding its meaning just to find the answer as either redemption( if it exists) or the end and hence again living through another day just to welcome another dawn.

D


No comments: